Inspiration: My Dad’s favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies made to be Easter-tastic with Mini-Eggs.
boyfriend fiance is mad at me for making these Mini-Egg Chocolate Cookies because these cookies are so delicious that he can’t stop eating them. I even hid them in the deep-freezer, but the sneaky guy found the cookies this morning and I caught him munching on one for breakfast. He may ban me from the kitchen soon if I do not stop baking such scrumptious treats.
I used Hershey’s Eggies for these cookies rather than Cabury Mini-Eggs for two reasons: one, the Eggies were on sale at Safeway and two, my dear friend is a sales representative for Hershey’s and I always try to support the company that she works for.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 - 255 gram bag of Cadbury Mini-Eggs or Hershey's Eggies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat on low with an electric mixer until smooth (approximately one minute).
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and beat on low again until all of the ingredients are combined (approximately two minutes).
- Put the Mini-Eggs or Eggies into a large Ziploc bag and crush the chocolate eggs into bits and pieces. I used a rolling pin, but any hard non-breakable object will work.
- Add the chocolate eggs to to the batter and combine.
- Using a teaspoon, roll into one inch balls and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and using a spatula, place the cookies on a sheet of parchment or wax paper to cool.