Today marks a new day in my food blogging life…
1. Sleep in… until 8:00am. Although some people would not consider this sleeping in, for me, it is a huge accomplishment!
2. Coffee. I can barely function without my morning cup of joe.
3. Trip to Costco (yes, on a Saturday!) to purchase a new camera I have upgraded from my old Canon Powershot SX20IS to a Canon EOS 60D. Go big or go home.
4. Bake Strawberry Coconut Muffins.
5. Sign up for a photography class as soon as possible, as I have no idea how to use said camera! I had to call for back up to figure out how to take a picture. Currently, the camera is set to auto and until I take a class I am not sure I will venture off of this function.
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup unsweetened medium coconut plus 1 tablespoon for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease or line 12 large muffin cups.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine butter, yogurt, sugar and salt.
- Add milk, egg, vanilla and strawberries and beat together with a spoon.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and ⅓ cup coconut. Fold together until just mixed.
- Spoon into the muffin cups and sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon of coconut.
- Bake the muffins for 15 to 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from muffin tins and cool completely on a wire rack.